Our new Thursday column reviews the previous 7 days at RaceBets. Which were the best and worst results for us? How did our exclusive special offers work out? Which races were added to our ante-post market, what’s been covered in the blog and do we have any new promotions lined-up? Make sure to read to the end to check out our free betting bankroll offer!
Harry Hits Us Hard!
The worst result for us was undoubtedly the G2 Mill Reef Stakes, at Newbury. Clive Cox’s Harry Angel was hammered down from 5/1 to 2/1, as punters caught a distinct whiff of morning value. Sure enough, the Dark Angel colt got his nose in front in the final furlong and we were left to lick our wounds!
It was a different story, in the Ayr Silver Cup though. Very few of you liked the look of Tom Dascombe’s Roudee, in what was a very open race. Richard Kingscote’s decision to keep him on the far side of the track paid dividends. There weren’t too many cheers, as the Kodiac gelding went past the winning post and the few that you will have heard were probably from bookmakers!
Enhanced Places Boost For Punters
While Roudee’s Silver Cup triumph was good for us, many RaceBets each-way bettors were canny enough to take up our offer of 5 places on this race. Place money was secured by those of you who picked out Get Knotted, Nuno Tristan, Eccleston and Mick Easterby’s Hoofalong.
We also offered 5 places in the Ayr Gold Cup, with each-way backers of Growl, Hoof It, G Force and Kimberella all benefiting.
We certainly paid the price for offering money-back if 2nd, in Saturday’s G3 Legacy Cup Stakes at Newbury. Dartmouth (13/8 favourite) was the runner-up, which led to a huge number of punters getting a refund! Make sure that you regularly check your inbox, for details of our special offers.
We created some important new ante-post markets, in the last 7 days. Fair Eva is the short-priced favourite, for the G2 Rockfel Stakes (Friday, 23rd September, Newmarket).
The Ascot Challenge Cup (Saturday, 1st October, Ascot) is a handicap and Roger Varian’s Morando heads the betting. Stablemate Certificate is also prominent.
UK/Irish horses dominate the market, in the G1 Prix De L’Opera (Sunday, 2nd October, Longchamp). So Mi Dar, Seventh Heaven and Alice Springs are already being supported to a significant extent.
Those of you who take an interest in German racing should note that we already have live ante-post markets for the Listed Winterkönigin-Trial, the Listed Kölner Stutenpreis and the G1 Preis von Europa. All 3 races will be held this coming weekend.
Our Blog’s Been Busy
As usual, our blog has been regularly updated this week. Over the last 7 days we have published articles on this season’s absorbing Champion Jockey title races (Monday’s Jockey Journal), Reminisced over Sea The Stars 2009 Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe win (Throwback Tuesday) and previewed the upcoming G1 British Champions Fillies’ & Mares’ Stakes (Wednesday’s Ante-Post Preview).
We now also feature further previews of upcoming weekend races, with new recruit Stephen Wundke offering in-depth analysis. Keep an eye on the blog, for his latest insights.
Around The World, With RaceBets
It was yet another week where we crushed our competitors, in terms of number of overseas markets. Last week, RaceBets customers were able to bet on fixtures in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and USA!
No other bookmaker comes close, when it comes to coverage of global racing. What’s more, we have an incredible promotional offer planned that’s going to hit our rivals for 6 in the next few weeks. Watch this space, for something truly spectacular from the RaceBets team!
50 Free £/€5 Bankrolls Offer To New & Existing Customers
To see if you are one of the first 50 UK/Irish readers to claim this £/€5 free betting bankroll, simply follow these steps
OFFER NOW CLOSED!
- Register new account with RaceBets.com
- Go to Bonus overview section and enter in bonus code
- Log into your RaceBets.com account
- Go to Bonus overview section and enter in bonus code
If you are one of the first 50 to enter the bonus code, it will be credited to your balance immediately. If you are already playing through a bonus, this bonus will be queued until the current bonus has been wagered.
If you are not one of the first 50 to enter the bonus code, you will be advised that the code no longer works. All efforts will be made to remove the bonus code from this page once the maximum number of winners has been reached. See full terms and conditions below.
Full terms and conditions of this £5 free RaceBets Bankroll
- The £/€5 bankroll is credited as bonus cash. Your account must be eligible for bonuses to receive this free bankroll offer. Open to UK and Irish customers only. Bonus cash must be used within 7 days (before midnight 29/09/2016)
- We will endeavour to remove the free bankroll bonus code from this page as quickly as possible once the maximum number of winners has been reached.
- Bonus cash amount has to be wagered 3 times. All single bets count towards the wagering, including fixed odds, SP bets and Tote bets. Bets where the payout amount is the same as the stake (e.g. refunded bets, 1.0 odds) are not considered. If two or more bets are placed on different results of the same event, only stakes for the first bet are considered. The minimum odds for all wagering is 1.50.Any withdrawal actioned during the wagering of bonus cash will forfeit the bonus cash.RaceBets has the right to remove this promotion at any time should they see fit.
- Should the terms and conditions of any promotional offer be breached or should evidence be found that betting activity, either by one customer or a group of customers, has been carried out that guarantees a profit by taking advantage of free bets, enhanced payouts, deposit bonuses, or any other promotional offer, RaceBets reserve the right to take back any bonus that has been granted and to declare that bonus as void. Should this situation arise, RaceBets may choose to settle bets at the correct odds, declare any free bets as being void, or void any bets made that have been funded by the deposit bonus. RaceBets will have complete discretion, in these circumstances. RaceBets also reserve the right to charge an administration fee of up to 100% of the deposit bonus, free bet, or any other additional payment, to cover our administration costs. RaceBets may ask any customer to provide documentation for the purposes of confirming their identity and we may also insist on the provision of a mobile phone number. RaceBets will have absolute discretion with regards to the verification of a customer’s identification. Should we decide that the documentation provided is insufficient or unreliable, we reserve the right to block any crediting of bonuses or free bets to that account.
- Standard terms and conditions apply