Obviously, things have been pretty quiet here at Bankhouse. We have just been carrying on as if we will be having runners any day but as of yet I’m not a 100% sure when that will be.
The break from racing has given me time to do certain things that ordinarily I mightn’t have done for instance we schooled about 70 horses yesterday. Normally we wouldn’t have the time to school so may at one time. I’m happy with the way the horses are looking and can’t wait to get back on the track.
For now all I can do is look forward and as we all now the Cheltenham festival is the most eagerly anticipated race meeting of the year. I won’t have a big team going to Prestbury Park but at the moment my possible runners are:
Mount Mews – Coral Cup or Martin Pipe
Liva – Fred Winter
Testify – Brown Advisory Plate or Kim Muir
Federici – Kim Muir
Fin And Game – County Hurdle
Chti Balko – County Hurdle
I had hoped to run Uppertown Prince in the Kim Muir but unfortunately I haven’t been able to get a third qualifying run into him. So it’s back to the drawing board with him and many others really. Strange as this may sound a lot of my horses may need the run when they reappear.
Due to the unnaturally dry ground conditions, I still have plenty of horses waiting to make there seasonal debuts. I know I won’t be the only trainer in this situation but it quite frustrating.
Of the horses I have mentioned above, I expect both of Mr Hemmings horses (Mount Mews & Testify) to run at the festival.
Federici will be aimed for the Kim Muir and should run well I feel if making the cut. I have my doubts about him getting into the race. Liva is another horse that will be on the cusp of getting into the Fred Winter. He is a nice type of horse that may need to improve slightly to feature.
I would like to be having more runners at the festival and I would have if I could have gotten some qualifying runs into the horses. That being said I’m very much looking for to Cheltenham and the remainder of the season.