The York Ebor Festival gets underway on Wednesday and the feature race will be the G1 Juddmonte International Stakes (3:35pm).
5 Years Since Frankel Flew
It’s hard to believe that a full 5 years have passed since Frankel famously won this race under Tom Queally. His victory came as little surprise, but the manner of it was quite astonishing. He barely came off the bridle, but was still 7-lengths too good for runner-up Farhh. His 8th consecutive European G1 success eclipsed the previous record of 7 (Rock Of Gibraltar).
Following the race, Marcus Armytage said “Forget ratings, handicappers’ assessments or any other method by which you measure one racehorse against another, it is unlikely that the world in either this or any previous generation has ever seen a better racehorse than Frankel … What makes him unique is his ability to go a top class sprinter’s pace over distance … he is a lightning strike of genetics which may not be repeated for 100 years.”
This Year’s Runners
None of this season’s contenders look quite in Frankel’s class, but a fantastic race is in store with Cliffs Of Moher, Ulysses, Barney Roy and Churchill all expected to go into the stalls. Even Shutter Speed and Roger Charlton’s Decorated Knight look in with a chance of at least placing and only Clive Cox’s My Dream Boat looks obviously held on the form.
York Is The Talk
A fantastic 4 days of action is in store at York and you can already bet on the big races, in our unrivaled ante-post section. These include the Great Voltigeur Stakes, the Symphony Group Handicap, the Tattersalls Acomb Stakes, the Clipper Logistics Handicap, the Yorkshire Oaks, the Nunthorpe Stakes,the Celebration Mile.and the Ebor Handicap.
New Customer Offer
RaceBets have an amazing offer to tempt you with, for the Juddmonte! You can back any horse in this race and get odds of 50/1!
Open a new account with RaceBets and enter the bonus code JUDD50 in the Bonus overview section, to qualify for the offer. Then place your FIRST bet on your selection in the Juddmonte International (both ante-post and day of the race markets qualify)
- Offer is for new depositing accounts only. You cannot use free bet tokens or bonus cash to qualify for this offer.
- Minimum deposit of £/€10 required.
- Maximum stake is £1/€1 E/W. Any amount placed over £1/€1 will be paid out at the current market price of your selection.
- Single, Win bets & win part of E/W bets only.
- Example: If you bet the winner £1 E/W at 7/2, you will get £51 for the win element of your bet and £1.88 (7/2, 1/4 odds) for the place element of your bet.
- The extra enhanced winnings will be paid out as bonus cash. You must wager this bonus cash 3 times prior to withdrawal. You have 30 days to complete the wagering requirement. Failure to do so will result in forfeiting the bonus cash and any winnings associated with the bonus cash.
- Customers using Moneybookers, Skrill, Neteller or Paysafecards to deposit will not qualify for this offer.
- Valid for new customers only. Duplicate accounts are not eligible for this promotion
- If you avail of this offer you cannot claim the first deposit welcome bonus.
- Offer applies to customers based in UK and Ireland.
- You will have to mobile verify to claim this offer.
- Should the terms and conditions of any promotional offer be breached or should evidence be found that betting activity, either by one customer or a group of customers, has been carried out that guarantees a profit by taking advantage of free bets, enhanced payouts, deposit bonuses, or any other promotional offer, RaceBets reserve the right to take back any bonus that has been granted and to declare that bonus as void.
- All customer offers are limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number, same payment account number (e.g. debit or credit card), and shared computer, e.g. public library or workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw the availability of any offer or all offers to any customer or group of customers at any time and at our sole and absolute discretion.